The Ladies Professional Racquetball Tour (LPRT’s) returns to San Antonio for the 2017 Battle at the Alamo. Ten of the top twelve LPRT players will be in action, including LPRT #1 Paola Longoria, and the new Pan American Champion Rhonda Rajsich, who defeated Longoria last weekend in the final of the Pan American Championships in San Jose, Costa Rica. Rajsich is now the #5 LPRT player, so she and Longoria could meet in the semi-finals in San Antonio.
But to get there Rajsich will likely need to get by Cristina Amaya, who’s seeded 4th this week, and was a finalist at the last LPRT event: the New Jersey Open in March.
The bottom of the draw has #2 seed Jessica Parrilla, #3 Alexandra Herrera and #6 Samantha Salas, so there will likely have a Mexican standoff in the semis between two of those three players.
You can watch this weekend’s action live via the LPRT LiveStream channel. The Round of 16 begins at 3:25 PM on Friday, with the quarterfinals on Saturday at 10 and 11:05 AM and the semi-finals at 4:30 and 5:35 PM. The singles final will be noon AM Sunday with the doubles final to follow.
2017 LPRT Battle at the Alamo, April 21-23, 2017
San Antonio, Texas
Round of 32
1) Paola Longoria - BYE
16) Hollie Scott v. 17) Ana Laura Flores
9) Adriana Riveros v. 24) Hannah Shnurman
8) Adrienne Haynes v. 25) Briana Jacquet
5) Rhonda Rajsich - BYE
12) Maria Renee Rodriguez v. 21) Lucia Gonzalez
13) Cecilia Pratt v. 20) Danisse Maldonado
4) Cristina Amaya - BYE
3) Alexandra Herrera - BYE
14) Carolina Rivera v. 19) Erin Rivera
11) Natalia Mendez v. 22) Jennifer Dering
6) Samantha Salas - BYE
7) Carla Muñoz v. 26) Nancy Enriquez
10) Monserrat Mejia v. 23) Veronique Guillemette
15) Laura Brandt v. 18) Da’Monique Davis
2) Jessica Parrilla - BYE
Doubles - Quarterfinals
1) Paola Longoria & Samantha Salas - BYE
4) Cristina Amaya & Adriana Riveros v. 5) Cecilia Pratt & Maria Renee Rodriguez
3) Alexandra Herrera & Monserrat Mejia v. 6) Veronique Guillemette & Natalia Mendez
2) Jessica Parrilla & Carla Muñoz - BYE
Follow the bouncing ball….